Slijedite ovih 10 zapovijesti da izbjegnete PR katastrofe o kojima čitamo svaki dan. Ako ste se pitali zašto ljudi sebi prave probleme onim što kažu ili napišu, pa to završi na TV-u, radiju ili u novinama ili na internetu - odgovor je u ovim naredbama kojih se u svakom slučaju treba držati! Autor ovog teksta nije siguran koja je PR firma i kada napisala ova pravila, ali je siguran u njihovu svakodnevnu i neupitnu relevantnost!
1. Thou shalt think – and think clearly and carefully – before thou speaketh or writeth.
2. Thou shalt not write or say anything (that is, ANYTHING) that thou wouldst not be proud to see quoted in the newspaper, TV, radio, or Internet.
3. Thou shalt never say or write anything that is “off the record,” since thou knowest that in today’s world, NOTHING is off the record.
4. Thou shalt avoid jokes and trying to be “funny” or “cute,” since thou knowest that most humor has a hostile and sarcastic element. Thou shalt leavest the humor to the professional comedians and comedy writers.
5. In whatever thou sayest and writest, thou shalt ask, “How would someone who hates me interpret this?”
6. Thou shalt keep things positive, and avoid the negatives.
7. Thou shalt not insult any specific individual or group.
8. Thou shalt avoid the temptation to say something controversial, or to offer an “off the cuff” opinion about anything controversial.
9. Thou shalt offer opinions only within one’s own areas of knowledge, competence, and experience.
10. When in doubt about what to say or write, thou shalt consult.